Softside vs Hardside1/25/2016 11:19 PM
If you’re having any qualms about choosing the right kind of luggage for you or your family, we can help explain the benefits of hardside and softside luggage.
As an overall assessment, we would suggest that softside and hardside luggage has benefits that may be more appealing to some people due to personal taste and the type of travel that you do. That said, here are some things to consider.Softside Luggage
- Softside is more likely to be expandable. If you think you will need that extra 1.5” or 2” of extra packing space on your travels for clothing, gifts, or souvenirs, then it’s a good idea to look for expandable softside luggage.
- Resistant to scuffs and marks. Due to the nature of its fabric construction, Softside luggage is not only forgiving to the tiny nicks & scars of everyday travel, but it can also be washed with a damp cloth and mild detergent to remove mild dirt and stains.
- Exterior zippered pockets. If you’re a last minute packer, or need to keep certain items within reach, most softside luggage features 2 large zippered pockets for your convenience.
- Split case design organizes your clothes. Hardside luggage is made of two halves, which allows you to organize your clothing efficiently. Separate your boots from your delicate dresses or store clean and dirty clothes.
- Protects your delicate stuff. If you’re traveling with souvenirs or more delicate cargo, hardside luggage helps to add an extra layer of rigid protection while on the go.
- Hardside luggage protects from rain and snow. If you’re a frequent traveler, and get around by foot or public transportation, chances are you will encounter rain or snow. Hardside luggage will better help keep your things dry from Mother Nature.